Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Design Team.
- Shop for inspirational designs and competitive landscape each season.
- Pull swipes/samples to assist in line development.
- Help develop and organize colors & materials for the season.
- Sketch (hand sketch & illustrator).
- Help build line from conceptual sketches to final approved prototypes.
- Communicate daily with overseas offices regarding the status of the product and approvals.
- Follow a time & action calendar.
- Complete techpacks.
- Create development tracking charts and upload styles to shared drives.
- Help create and execute a competitive product line that supports the brands’ strategic objectives, quality components, and trend concepts.
- College degree in Design preferred.
- 1-3 Design internships in the shoe industry preferred.
- Must be able to sketch technical footwear drawings.
- Illustrator and Photoshop required.
- Knowledge of development process and working with overseas factories and customers preferred.
- Effectively manage time, multi-task, and pay strong attention to detail, and work within a team environment.
- Technically competent with software programs, Excel/Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize/execute in a highly fluid environment.
- Good written/oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and listening skills.
- Knowledge of synthetic materials and leathers.
- Ability to do design forecasting and research.
- Highly organized.
Salary commensurate with experience.